I received a one month noticed to end tenancy to leave

Customer Question
I received a one...

I received a one month noticed to end tenancy to leave December 31, and it was dated and served December 6. I was wondering what my options are other than disputing it with the Tenancy Branch

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Surrey, BC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I filed the dispute to end the tenancy last night with the RTB

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
12/14/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

This notice is not valid. That's not one month of course.

You can simply refuse to leave and wait and have the RTB decide when it gets that far. They cannot get you out without an order.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.