I have a business partner in an online business that offers…

Customer Question
I have a business...

I have a business partner in an online business that offers services and support for Canadians in web design, online marketing services, etc. who recides in Canada, but would like to work here to help establish our business with an office in Vancouver, B.C. He had permanent residence status when he lived in Canada from 2005 to 2010. It has expired and he is currently appealing the decision. However, it is a lengthly process and we would like to know what his options are to get a work or business permit or visa to develop the business. He currently resides in Pakistan. He was advised to look into temporary foreign worker permit, but I do not think that I would qualify in hiring him with salary, etc because we have to first show proof that we tried to hire his position here in Canada using 3 different hiring agencies or platforms including Canada Job Search. What are our options for enabling him to get a work or business visa?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

I have a business partner in an online business that offers services and support for Canadians in web design, online marketing services, etc. who recides in Canada, but would like to work here to help establish our business with an office in Vancouver, B.C. He had permanent residence status when he lived in Canada from 2005 to 2010. It has expired and he is currently appealing the decision. However, it is a lengthly process and we would like to know what his options are to get a work or business permit or visa to develop the business. He currently resides in Pakistan. He was advised to look into temporary foreign worker permit, but I do not think that I would qualify in hiring him with salary, etc because we have to first show proof that we tried to hire his position here in Canada using 3 different hiring agencies or platforms including Canada Job Search. What are our options for enabling him to get a work or business visa? He is in process of appeal for his permanent residency to be reinstated here in Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What are the fees? I didn't see on this website

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. I'm sorry to hear that. Our Customer Support team is available to help you 24/7. Email***@******.***. In the US or Canada: 1-***-***-**** (Available 6am to 9pm PST). In the UK: 0-***-***-****. In Australia: 1800-679-634. In New Zealand: 0800-452-621. From anywhere else: 1-***-***-****. I'm sorry to hear that.

Can I please ask for fees?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
12/14/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

Before we can continue can you please confirm with me that you were told of the fees and you agree with them please?

Thanks

I had a message that I would pay an additional $38 fee after the $5 fee. I also started the Basic Plan for $43 per month...
If we talk, I would like to as my business partner to join our call (he can be on skype while I use my phone speaker phone).

I believe those costs are right.

There is another cost which is $79 in addition to all these costs if you want a phone call so let me know how you would like to proceed.

It would be best to schedule tomorrow morning between 8:30 AM PST and 10:00 AM PST.
I don;t know if this is a robot responding to my request,...I need to know if I can schedule a time for the phone call with my business partner before I can decide to speak over the phone.....
Perhaps I can decide later if we require a live phone call.

I am a person. That greet bot is only at the beginning.

I cannot schedule anything.

But if you decide you want to ahead let me know and if you want a call you click on the call button.

Okay. Thanks for clarifying. I will proceed without the call for now. I understand that I can add the call at anytime.

Is your friend a skilled worker?

He is trained in Information Technology. He has been a virtual assistant to many online businesses.

He can apply for PR status again, as a skilled worker. He can go through the express entry process and this only takes six months. That may work out best.

Here is a link to the information he will need:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry.html

And here is an online tool he can use to see if it looks like he will be successful:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool-immigration-express-entry.html

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Hi Debra,
Sorry for my delay in response. I was very sick last weekend with bad cold. I spoke to my business partner and his response was a follows:"I prefer to come on Temprary Foreign Worker visa or Business visa. Please find out about this as I can't file a new immigration application for Express entry due to current residence status."Is this a possibility?
Thanks,

He can apply for a temporary work permit by you as the employer would first have to apply to the government for a LMIA.

Here is the information about that:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=163&top=17

To come as a business visitor he would have to show that he is coming for a short time and is being paid back home. That doesn't sound like it will work.

Unfortunately, Rizwan and I are business partners for online business and are registered with Canada with HST Tax number and business registration. In order to hire him, I would have to advertise in 3 different platforms including Canada Job Search to show proof that I first tried to hire here in Canada for the Temporary Foreign Worker. Is this considered frauding the government with false pretense?
I don't want to put myself at risk.....

You cannot lie but you can make it clear that you don't want just any Canadian but want this person as he is your partner etc. It can work.

But you would likely do better if you hire a lawyer to assist in this.