My husband and I are separated and are going through a

Customer Question
mediation process to divide our...
My husband and I are separated and are going through a mediation process to divide our assets. He was the sole owner of his business, but in the last few days (maybe weeks, I just noticed it) , has added a operating partner to his business. How does this affect the distribution of assets?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
12/14/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

What province are you in please?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

Manitoba ,

It won't affect the distribution of assets at all. In Manitoba the date for valuating assets is the date of separation so regardless of what he does with the assets in his name now it does not change your entitled to share in the value at all.

Does that clarify the law and fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?