I was accused of retail fraud at a cash register. He didn't…

Customer Question
I was accused of...

I was accused of retail fraud at a cash register. He didn't properly identify himself he was 4 times the size of me. I reacted quickly by running away because I got scared and he tackled very roughly pulling down my pants in the acted and hurting my leg badly enough to be limping on it. I also might be pregnant I've taken a test but is not confirmed by doctor. What do I do? I don't need this on my record. I'm a good person and don't want a bad reputation. I am about 95 lbs and 5'1 in height and he was atleast 6'4 and probably 350-400 lbs.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

British Columbia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. Other than I let then arrest me after this since the odds were against me. Now ibhave a promise to appear. They didn't provide id nor did I provide photo Id.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/13/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Did they call the police?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!