I was just informed by a lawyer who has been representing me…

Customer Question
I was just informed...

I was just informed by a lawyer who has been representing me that he has closing his practice and won't be representing me. this is after charging me over 2000 dollars and doing nothing that I have seen so far other than postpone my court date over and over. He now leaves me with 4 days to retain a new lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And to clarify, can you tell me what paperwork has been filed?

I am in canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We have been trying to negotiate with the crown because one of my charges is bogus and I have proof of that but the lawyer has consistently told me that I need more proof. He also said that I wouldn't be able to join him in a meeting with the crown to discuss the case. is this true?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

1. is there grounds to sue for negligence.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
12/8/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you saying he knows you have a court date in 4 days and told you this just now?