I need some information about visa application please. No…

Customer Question
I need some information...

I need some information about visa application please

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

No but my wife and kids are refugee claimants in Canada was wondering if I can apply for a visiting visa

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Know about what.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
12/8/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Are you saying you just want to visit for a short while and then return back home?

You will be able to do so as long as you can prove strong ties to back home.

So you should show a home, employment, ties to the community etc.

At the same time you should have a return ticket when you reach the border (even if the visa) and should also have proof of sufficient funds for the visit.

The fear is that it will be suspected you will want to remain because your family is here. So you have to show there is no risk of that happening.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?