I have a lease in an office. I have a tenant. She is stated…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a lease in an office. I have a tenant. She is stated on the lease that she is a sublet. She doesn't have a signature on the lease anywhere. We are not doing well. I would like her to leave because of the tension. She started paying 400.00 because that was all she could afford 2 years ago. Since then she has been buying product and taking up more space I raised her rent to 550.00 this year to account for the space she has been taking up. That started the fighting. What are my rights. I feel used. I was trying to help but she is taking advantage now

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

British Columbia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Except the lease. I did write up something stating what she is allowed. I don't know if she has signed it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Canada Law
12/7/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you saying you only have a verbal agreement with this subtenant?

And if so is this supposed to be a tenancy of indeterminate length as opposed to a fixed term lease such as for a year?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.Thanks!