My sister has not had her rent collected for 2 and a half…

My sister has not...

My sister has not had her rent collected for 2 and a half years. Her landlord just realized it and is checking to see the total amount owing. Can she be charged with a crime?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

He house needs a lot of work, she is in P.E.I

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

12/7/2017
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

No she will not be charged with a crime but I certainly hope she has the money put aside as she is gong to have to pay the full amount at once or else face eviction and a lawsuit.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Debra, Lawyer
thanks

You are very welcome.