Any lawyer in employment sector ontario please

Hello any lawyer in employment...
Hello any lawyer in employment sector ontario please
12/7/2017
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Please set out the basic facts and then your specific question.

Thanks

Hi Deb its me again rom, so i got the results of the investigation which was signed by my boss, i am unfortunately terminated from work due to breach of trust. But my union is filing a grievance for undue termination and my preceptor still doesnt want to sign my forms.

Oh no.

What happened with the university?

Or, would you rather have another lawyer step in for a second opinion?

They hospital is forwarding this findings to the college of nurses of ontario they want to report this to the college but i dont get it because my issue was when i was student and i was on leave.
The university doesnt have the full details yet, i am meeting them dec 19,

But they are still your regulatory body.

You need to hire a lawyer now. You need a lawyer that deals with professional disciplinary issues as the college is going to get involved and there will likely be a hearing.

The union has promised to step in but i want a personal lawyer who can work collaboratively with my union

But this is going to go beyond the union and the employer.

I used to act for nurses who were brought before the college. This is going to be very serious and you will need a lawyer to represent you there. It's not an employment lawyer for that.

I don't know if any lawyer will work with your union and I don't know if the union would allow that at all.

Cno is the regulatory body for my license as a nurse but the offense wa committed as student. I was on leave as a nurse.
My offense was not related to my employment at all, they terminated me on my action as a student but i dont think so it has to do with my employment, dont you think?
i need to retain a lawyer other than my union?
I see what you mean now, so are you based in toronto? If i retain you as my lawyer how much would that cost me?

Yes I am but I am retired. I cannot act for you unfortunately.

I think you will not be able to use an employment lawyer because you have a union.

I think you will most likely need a lawyer to deal with the College.

And I am also concerned you will need a lawyer to deal with the university. The same lawyer can deal with both the university and the College of nurses.

Ahh ok, i think the university is more open to remedial measures, what i am worried about is the college, cuz my license is at stake.

If the university ends up being satisfied you won't need a lawyer for them and that will hopefully make your case stronger before the College.

I am also worried about the College unfortunately.

at this point, do i need to wait what the university has to do yet?

Yes I think that makes sense.

If they want an actual hearing before a committee you need a lawyer to represent you there. And if there findings are not good you need a lawyer to do a review/appeal.

You cannot consider responding to the College on your own at all. Do not reply in writing to their questions and certainly do not attend before them unrepresented.

Before the hospital terminated me i asked them about the forms, they told me i have to deal that with the school. So im confused why the school when my preceptor was in the hospital.

It is likely because you are on a program from the school.

When my daughter did her pediatric residency she worked for the hospital and was paid by the hospital but was technically a student at the university. So maybe it's the same thing for you but I am not sure.

I have to pay for my own preceptorship program, so in order to upgrade i have to apply for a study leave for a year. So i am not an employee there for that particular period

I am not sure then.

Well, i guess I just have to wait for the school and see from there

I think so.

Last one please, so if i have a current license as rpn, and i have a pending application for rn license ( which is not yet registered) will that affect my rn license?
Can they legally intervene on my current application as rn which is under processed?

Yes because they are the ones that will grant you the licence.

Ok thanks

You are very welcome.

Please be sure to rate me before you leave the site so that I can receive credit for my work.

Debra, Lawyer