Is this a canadian site. I have a question on property law.

Customer Question
Hi is this a...

Hi is this a canadian site

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

I have a question on property law

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

My sister who is not on title to my home was the original owner and is a co owener. Pays mortgage but is not on deed what is she entitled to

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That I just recently got married and soon to be divorced but spouse claiming half.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
The mortgage comes out of a joint account from my sister and myself.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/6/2017
Lawyer: Ulysses101, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Lawyer

Hello, thank you for the question.

What province are you in?

When were you married? Did you own this home when you were married?

Who is on title to the home? You say that your sister is not on title but that she's co-owner.

I am the only person on title. I am in Ontario and have been seperated from my wife for 10 years during that time my sister owned the house exclusively she had creditors after her and transferred home to me. Now my wife is suing for half even though my sister still pays mortgage

OK, so your wife and you are married, married when?

And you separated 10 years ago? Did you live in this house together while you were married?

Who was on title while you and your wife lived in the house?

I have been married for 27 years lived together about 11 yrs accumulatively. We live in house for a year when my sister bought it. She fell on hard time and rented from me as rental agreement recently for 2yrs.

OK, I can't follow the timeline.

You said you've been separated for 10 years, but that you were together for 11 years out of 27.

Tell what happened, when, in chronological order, including marriages and separations, changes to title, tell me the facts clearly. Take your time.

I bought the house with deposit i came up with 14 yrs ago. The house was held for me by a friend he wanted it out of hos name so we put it in my wife's name. The house went into forclosure and my wife jumped ship sign off that she wanted nothing to do with house, my sister took over the house for the last 8 years and my wife returned two years ago as a tenant. My sister and i are on the mortgage account and pay mortgage evenly. What is my sister' s entitlement?

Sorry, I've been off the site for some days. I thought your question would be picked up by another expert.

Shall we continue?