I did have towels on the wet floor, but they didn't stop the…

Customer Question
I did have towels on...
I did have towels on the wet floor, but they didn't stop the fall.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
12/5/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

So essentially you put what they gave you on the floor and assumed that the shower curtain would keep most of the water in?

I did put down two towels supplied by the motel, but it was obvious that the shower curtain was no barrier to water overflowing onto the bathroom floor. This bathroom was built for wheelchair access- it had no barrier to stop the water from going onto the bathroom floor. There was a drain in the center of the bathroom floor for the shower overflow and the floor tile was slick even without water (not a rough surface floor), and there were no warnings posted.

So the problem is that you are saying that it was obvious that the shower curtain was not going to help. That is part of the problem.

But you can take the position that you used all they provided and assumed the floor was the kind that was chosen specifically for this type of bathroom.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?