I quitted a company and they refused to pay my last payroll.

Customer Question
Hi, I quitted a...

Hi, I quitted a company and they refused to pay my last payroll.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

It is a startup. There are no HR team but a couple directors running the company.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time, no written agreement but I get the first month payroll.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The guy is threatening to sue me.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
12/5/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

What province are you in please?

Alberta.

All you have to do is contact the Employment Standards Branch. You can get them to assist you in getting what you are owed and there is no charge.

So contact them now and they will get going on this:

• ***-***-**** (Edmonton)
  • 1-***-***-**** (toll-free)

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Debra, The deal was $5 if I take after the chat. But I was charged $5 and $47 more. You need to refund me $47.

I don't work for the site. I am a practicing lawyer and I just log in the way you do and see a list of questions and choose which to answer. I have nothing to do with the costs or refunds.