The police called me today and advised that one of my childs…

Customer Question
The police called me...

The police called me today and advised that one of my childs playmates parents has alleged that my child had sexually assulted he child, her child was 7 or 8 yrs. old and my child was 10 or 11 at the time of this alleged happening, my child in now 12, this took place allegedly one year ago so my child was 11 and her child would be 7 or 8, they always would come to my home an play games downstairs in the rec room, what is this situation cas I OR MY CHILD BE CHARGED ??

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

NO

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Canada Law
12/2/2017
Lawyer: Ulysses101, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Lawyer

Hello, thank you for the question.

Your child was below 12 years old at the time of the alleged incident and cannot be charged with a criminal offence.

However, the child welfare authorities could be notified and you'd have to deal with them.

Anything else about this situation to discuss? If not, I'd appreciate a positive service rating please.

I'm still here to discuss your child's matter, if you wish.

Ulysses101
Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Lawyer