CRAIG QC What does QC Mean. Canada this lawyer is in

Customer Question
DAVID CRAIG QC What...

DAVID CRAIG QC What does QC Mean

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Canada this lawyer is in england

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Trying to determine if this is a scam or not.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

LANCASTER,UNITED KINGDOM.
Barrister David Craig (Esq)
(ATTORNEY AT LAW)

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Have been dealing with LANCASTER,UNITED KINGDOM.Barrister David Craig (Esq)(ATTORNEY AT LAW)
Through outlook. Am trying to determine if he is a real lawyer.
Paid him 2500 cad to process documents.
Now claims the estate has back taxes of 6800 pounds to pay to claim inheritance.Morning sir,
I'am writing you to know about your payment as have told you that it has to be paid within short of time or else you guys will have to loose everything to the government,
Kindly get back to me as soon as possible. I will just advice you to try your best because the case has already been filed so it will be a huge lost for you both if you give up at the point,you can try to get a loan just to secure the whole inheritance 11,000,000£ it's a huge money on US dollars, you can pay whatever loan you get immediately you get the huge money. Just think about it, it's my own advice .
Sincerely,
LANCASTER,UNITED KINGDOM.
Barrister David Craig (Esq)
(ATTORNEY AT LAW)Sent from Advocate, David Craig
From: Glenn Werner <*****@******.***>
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 2:23:54 AM
To: ***** ***** Craig
Subject: Re: Katherine Kelly Property Issue
Good morningThanks for your efforts so far. I asked you if there were any other expenses beyond your fees and you said no. Now you mention taxes to pay. Please use funds from the estate for these taxes as I do not have this money.Soncerely
Glenn WernerSent from my Bell LG device over Canada's largest network.------ Original message------
From: Advocate D Craig
Date: Wed, Nov 29, 2017 4:38 AM
To: ***** *****;
Cc:
Subject:Re: Katherine Kelly Property IssueCongratulations sir,
It is my honor to inform you that the change of ownership has been successfully made,everything has now legally been changed to your name according to your wife's decision.the certificate of ownership is been attached in this email ,please note that you have to keep this certificate just to yourself as its been a confidential document.We have to proceed further to get everything done this next week as we have a limited time to do this,right now we have tax debt to pay so that you can gain the full access to the farm land and the money kept with the security firm,because the properties bias been abandoned ever since my client died.there are proposed buyer for the farm land now.but if you don't pay the tax debt on it,the tax debt is calculated to be £6,800.we will not be allowed to access the land,so this has to be paid as soon as possible.Sir,remember we have to do this very fast because if we don't act fast we might loose this valuable asset to the government which it will not be a good thing,as this was what your late father in law spent his whole life to achieved,pls act fast as am trusting you on this that you will get this done as soon as possible.Many thanksSincerely,Barrister David Craig (Esq)
(ATTORNEY AT LAW)Help!!!!!
12/1/2017
Lawyer: Ulysses101, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Lawyer

Hello, thank you for the question.

QC stands for Queen's Counsel, it's an honorary title. In Canada, law societies used to bestow Queens Counsel titles on senior lawyers for public service, charitable work, political backscratching, whatever.

How much have you sent, and how exactly?

How did you and "David Craig QC" come to form this relationship? Who contacted whom, and how?

Actually I've been dealing with LANCASTER,UNITED KINGDOM.Barrister David Craig (Esq) (ATTORNEY AT LAW)
I located David Craig QC online and was wondering if they were one in the same.
Met a wonderful girl online and she claims that this is her in heritance. Required a partner to claim it.
Sent 1400 pounds(2500 cad) to process the claim. Now I hear about the taxes that must be paid. 6800 pounds
All dealings have been through outlook. Would like to know if the certificate is authentic (there seems to be a file number on it)
David Craig is supposed to be the family lawyer. He contacted me by e-mail.Have been in contact with the girl for many months and she is convinced this is all real from her childhood.
Causing a great deal of stress as we do not have the tax funds. Is this really a lawyer. Is there any chance the the inheritance is ligitimate.
Payment was made by western union to a person in the united states. He did ask for information (Province and Postal Code) for accountability he said.

Let's start at the beginning. But I have to warn you. this sounds like a scam.

What's the email for the lawyer?

How much is the inheritance?

Tell me about the woman. Have you ever met her face to face?

11,000,000 Pounds
No, never met her face to face..
I know how ridiculous this sounds but if there is the slightest chance that this is real I need to know.
Can the certificate be verified using the file number?

If you've never met face to face. how do you know Katherine Kelly is who she says she is?

Does she have a facebook account or dating profile you can link me to? I want to look into her first.

And what's "Katherine Kelly" 's email address or cell number, or how do you communicate?

I'll bet you that Katherine Kelly and David Craig are the same person, and actually aren't either person in real life.

She has a profile on a site called nearby but I can't access it through pc.
I know how sketchy this sounds but I need to know about the certificate.
Please focus on that,
need to leave the office now. can we pick this up later.?
***@******.***

I can only contact you through the site.

And focussing on the certificate is pointless. Any online document can be very easily altered. In fact, the document looks real but the date and your name look far more crisp than the document lettering, and look like they were digitally added to the scan.

Please give me more information on Katherine Kelly. Facebook profile? Other social media? Dating profile? Have you only ever communicated by email?

I contacted David Craig QC in the UK for you.

Are they the same person? If not did he know of the other david craig.

As I suspected, this is a scam.

The David Craig QC is not the real one, who is a fairly high profile lawyer in UK. His office reports that his name has been used by inheritance scammers before.

I sent an email to his office, getting the email from his firm's website. I wrote:

"I've been contacted by someone who claims to have been in touch with a "David Craig QC (esq)" in an estate matter. I strongly suspect that this person has been scammed by someone using the Davide Craig QC name, because a lot of details I've been told don't add up. So, firstly may I ask if you do work for any overseas clients in inheritance matters?

Secondly, how would I find out if there is another "David Craig QC" in the United Kingdom?

I appreciate your attention to this perhaps unusual request. I hope to hear back from you soon."

I got an email back from his office clerk saying:

"

The email that you have sent regarding David Craig QC is almost certainly in relation to a 419 fraud and has nothing to do with him or Essex Court Chambers. David Craig is a Queeens Counsel and is generally instructed in high profile and heavyweight cases in the High Court, frequently involving conspiracy and economic torts, unlawful competition, team moves, the protection of confidential information, post-termination restraints, wrongful termination/expulsion, carried interest and bonus disputes (where he has acted in most of the landmark decisions such as Horkulak v Cantor Fitzgerald, Keen v Commerzbank and Anar v Dresdner Kleinwort), as well as claims arising in a regulatory context which raise important reputational issues, and whistleblowing and discrimination claims in the Employment Tribunal.

Please view the section entitled email scam on our website (http://essexcourt.com/alert-scam-e-mails/) or for more general information Google “419 fraud."

That link is a short article on their website.

https://essexcourt.com/alert-scam-e-mails/

It strikes me as well that no legitimate lawyer of QC standing would use an outlook address, rather an address of a domain registered to their firm. As well, Western Union is the favourite way for scammers to collect money because with the authorization codes they can pick up their money from anywhere in the world at a western union and it's virtually untraceable. Reputable firms don't deal with Western Union.

You can check with their Law Society here. There's no David Craig working out of Lancaster

http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I'm sorry but it's pretty clear you've been taken by a scam artist.

Any question or comment?

No I think that answers my question pretty well. Thankyou.

You're welcome. I'm sorry to bear bad news, but at least you didn't send even more money. You're not alone. If you have any evidence as to the actual identity of anyone involved feel free to call the provincial police and ask for the "fraud squad". Having said down, these cases are notoriously difficult to investigate and prosecute.

If we're finished may I please have a positive service rating? Ratings are how I get paid by the site for helping its customers, for the time and effort I put into helping its customers. I'd appreciate it.