What are the rights of a senior citizen living in assisted…

Customer Question
What are the rights...

What are the rights of a senior citizen living in assisted living, funded by interior health, but pays a monthly fee based on her income. Does the manager of the facility have the right to evict the person with no notice?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

British Columbia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My mother was put in hospital, diagnosed with moderate dementia and told she could not go back to her residence. We were given notice to take her possessions out. No social worker, no care conference.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
12/1/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am exactly said she could not go back to the assisted living home? Was it the manager of the home or the hospital?

Is this because they believe she needs a higher level of care?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!