This morning i noticed i was slightly speeding, so i tapped…

Customer Question
This morning i noticed...

This morning i noticed i was slightly speeding, so i tapped my brake however the car behind was tailgating but i never noticed him, we didnt hit but can i still charged with anything?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Ontario and my car is 2014

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I saw him taking a picture of my plate on his phone but not reported on my end because i fully see his plate

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Canada Law
12/1/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear that you are concerned but even if he hit you he was the one at fault.

It would mean that he was driving too closely. Anytime you hit from behind the other person is deemed to be at fault.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.