After subjects removal on business purchase contract. I come…

Customer Question
After subjects removal on...

After subjects removal on business purchase contract. I come to know that there is an illegal worker so I want to end the contract. But the seller is aiming not only confiscate deposit bot also seeking further compensation for the amount difference between the current purchase price and the would-be sold amount should the latter be lower than mine. The existence of illegal worker can be a justifiable cause for my walking away from this contract?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

BC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Why can't you dismiss the employee?

I didn't know
I didn't know he is liiegal worker.

But you don't have to keep him on in and fact it is an offence for you to do so.

So the contract is not at an end but that worker has to be dismissed.

It's that simple and not more complicated. you are not expected to keep an illegal worker on and cannot.

Does that help?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

The existence of illegal worker can be a justifiable cause for my walking away from this contract?

No it is not. That is what I am saying. It grounds for dismissing the employee. That is all. It doesn't end the contract.

I'd like finish this contract. what next step/

I don't know what you mean.

Are you saying this is a firm deal and you are hoping to be able to walk away?

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?