Do you have lawyers in bc. Brotish columbia, canada. British…

Customer Question
Do you have lawyers...

Do you have lawyers in bc

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Brotish columbia, canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

British

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
hi. i just want to ask something about an incident that happened last Monday. I was at parking lot and while backing up to fix my parking, i accidentally glide on the rear side of the car on my right because I was too close on the side. I checked the car after, it did not scratched it or did not have any signs of dents. My car did not also have any sign that I scratched the car. So, I parked then and went to the store, then left the place. I did not leave any note for the owner of the car. I am now extremely anxious because I’ve read that I have to leave a not to the driver saying what happen and mu contact details. I am also aftaid that somebody saw what happened and reported it. I did not call our car insurance. By the way, the insurance is under my husband’s name. I am not really sure what to do. I am terrified.
11/29/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

If you did not damage the car then there is no reason to leave your number or make any report.

Leaving your number and calling your insurers is for when you have caused damage to another car.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

I am just terrified now. this happen in BC, Canada. I am sure that i did not damage the car. Because the next morning, me and my husband came back to check if the car is there again. Luckily the car was there (looks like the owner is working to one of the stores in there). We parked beside it and checked it again, and there was no marks on the side of the car. What if there was a witness, and they reported it and the owner of the car would claim that there was damage in his car. My fault is i didnt take any photos after the incident.

But there is no damage and your husband is also a witness to that. There is nothing to witness or to report.

The law is about damages and that is all.

I am in Canada so please don't think I am giving you the law in the US.

ok thanks. anyway if I have any more questions, i could write a message again anytime?

Yes of course. You just come back to the site. I will be here for you.

hi again Debra. i have another question. what if (unfortunately) someone reported the incident. would I be charge an offense of “failure to remain at the scene (unattended vehicle)”... What do I do if this happens.

No because you didn't damage the car. You checked and even later came back with your spouse.

So you didn't have to remain at the scene or leave a note when you didn't cause any damage.

thanks again. ***** am reading same situations online and it freaks me out. Your advise helps.

I understand you are freaking out but the fact is that this is a non-issue when there is zero damage.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?