I have got a letter that i am convicted under TSA 160 (1)

Customer Question
I have got a...

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Edmonton, AB i have got a fine of 118 dollar, but i didnt receive any ltr for the fine today i got a letter from the court that i am convicted

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Sorry? not understood about the files or reported these terms

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to know, if i can appeal? what will be result if i will go for appeal

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
11/28/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you saying this is the first you learned of this charge?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

this is first time.

And do you want a chance to defend the charge?

NO, I didnt get any letter to appear. Suddenly I got the letter yesterday that I was guilty and the fine me 118 dollar.

If you want a chance to defend against the charge then you will need to attend at the courthouse and ask a clerk how to bring a motion to set aside the conviction on the grounds that you were not served with the ticket and had no knowledge of it until you received the notice of conviction.

You will be able to get the conviction set aside and then can plead not guilty and have a trial where you will be able to testify and try and disprove the allegations.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?