I just received a letter from a lawyer ending my Dad's

Customer Question
Hi there. I just...

Hi there. I just received a letter from a lawyer ending my Dad's relationship with a woman he met in a care facility (my Dad is 70, she is 90 and they both have memory challenges and they have been together for 5 years). I believe it was written by her son in law to scare us. Which is really unfortunate. I was hoping someone could read it to let us know what to do next?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

British Columbia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Nope

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. My apologies, but I am not seeing a fee attached? Is this a free service?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Hi there,I just received this letter regarding (ending?) my dad's relationship with Sharon Edwards. I noticed it was written by her son in law. My dad and Sharon met in their care facility and had a lovely 5 year relationship. Sharon's health declined, and she had to move into an extended care facility where my dad continued to visit her daily. This is the first I am hearing of any issues in their relationship. They issued this letter while my dad is recovering from cancer surgery. It was not expected, and he was not given the opportunity to say goodbye. Now he is panicked that if she contacts him, he is going to get in trouble. I was just wondering if you could tell me: is this actually a legal document? Or is it just a letter written by a lawyer. Are there consequences attached to this letter? We are pretty confused about what this means. Will there be legal ramifications if he were to violate any aspect of this letter? Regardless, it is a highly unfortunate way to end an otherwise nice relationship. Please keep me posted with what you think, and I appreciate your time in this matter. Take care,-Tiffany
11/28/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Before I answer can you confirm that your question about the costs on this site were explained and you agree?

Thanks

I hope so, was it $5 something for a response?

No that is the deposit. There is another price for the question and you will have already been charged that second price as well. I don't work for the site and I don't know what it is but I don't want to go ahead and then you find you are unhappy with that second charge.

Could you please contact customer service if you cannot see through your online account with your credit card company what you were charged so that I know you are OK with the two costs?

Thanks