Can a new employer ask a potential new employee to sign a…

Customer Question
Can a new employer...

Can a new employer ask a potential new employee to sign a confidentially agreement prior to making an offer

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

British Columbia, Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
11/27/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

There is no law against this. If the employer has something to protect it makes complete sense.

The potential employee can refuse to sign and presumably won't get an offer.

Does that answer the question fully?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?