I signed a contract with goodlife and I got some medical…

Customer Question
So I signed a...

So I signed a contract with goodlife and I got some medical problems now. so I want to cancel my personal traiing but keep my membership and they are telling me to pay 10% of the contract that isigned

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

Canada, Alberta, Edmonton

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes, I did and they are just saying they can only freeze my account as long I want but wont cancel the contract

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Does this charges as well?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you asking how to get out of the contract if possible?

Also it sounds like you were not sure of the costs of using this site.

Was this clarified for you?

I want to cancel my contract

When did you sign the contract?

September 8th, 2017

When you signed up did they say you could cancel the contract for medical reasons?

Nothing was said that time and she just told me for cancellation you require to pay $99.99 and that personal training doesn't work with goodlife anymore.

What do you mean when you say that she said that personal training doesn't work with goodlife anymore?

A lady who was actually assigned as my personal Trainer, She doesn't work with Goodlife anymore and i got another trainer.

Does the contract guarantee that you get this trainer?