I had a motorcycle accident last summer and lost my part…

Customer Question
I had a motorcycle...

I had a motorcycle accident last summer and lost my part time job. I am a pensioner with only $1286.00 per month and can no longer make the payments on my SUV... It was purchased on a Conditional Sales Contract. If the Bank repossessive the vehicle can they come after me for any monies left owing after they dispose of the vehicle ? I live in Alberta.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Alberta... it is a 2016

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/27/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Fortunately, I do have some good news. Because this is a Conditional Sales Contract they cannot sue you for the difference.

If they repossess the car the issue is over with.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?