I've bin renting a home for 5 yrs in BC that was in probate…

Customer Question
I've bin renting a home...
I've bin renting a home for 5 yrs in BC that was in probate now the son of deceased father who inherated property is harassing me for rent that I have paid him already tho I was not given notice of change of ownership he is verbally avicting me along with threts now
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
11/27/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you saying he is lying and saying you didn't pay him rent when you did?

that is what he is saying, I have rent receipts & prior I was paying directly to trustee's until probate ended. in last 4mnths have had son contacting me & collecting rent tho prior of 3yrs I have not had any contact & have maintained property & fixture in home on my own

Is he saying you owe the rent you sent to the Trustee?

he is lying. I have not receive any written notices from trustys probate lawyer or son who has inherited property on the change of ownership
No he is not saying anything to do with trustys. He is saying I have not payed him rent for last month so he claims I have 5 days to vacate tho I am still waiting on a eviction notice to arrive

Then he won't be able to get you evicted. He sounds very dishonest but he won't fool anyone.

Just tell him you are not leaving once you get the written notice.

Then he has to get an order before he can evict you. And you will defend the application for the eviction order of course.

You will prove that you have paid the rent and also show that he is harassing you and not allowing you to have peaceful enjoyment of your home.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?