What is the difference between principal owner of the

Customer Question
What is the difference...

What is the difference between principal owner of the property and the owner of the tiitle

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in BC, Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I am not sure... long story.. my husband and me own the property, my name was not on it so I put the lien on it, later we needed the loan so I lifted the lien under condition to put the both our names on the property as the owners. Now my hasband wants to will his half to out daughter and is having trouble, lawyer said I am the owner of 50% on the title and now he is all upset. I don't understand

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is all. He says that now I have 50% title and I still can get 50% of his 50% and he cant get 50% of my 50%

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

What they are saying is not accurate.

Are both your names on title?

And if so are you on title as joint tenants or tenants-in-common?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.Thanks!