I'm looking to take a loan out and want someone to review…

Customer Question
I'm looking to take...

I'm looking to take a loan out and want someone to review the contract to make sure it's legit.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Canada.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
I'm looking for a lawyer to review this contract and let me know if it is a legitimate contract. It's throwing me off because they want an $850 admin fee via western union. Please let me know.
11/27/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

They're located in Texas, I'm in Canada. Which is why they say Western Union. I got scammed doing an advanced fee before, please let me know.
No thank you.

Thanks for requesting me.

I do not believe that this is a legitimate.

First, I did glance through the contract. Some of it makes no sense. But more surprising is that fact that paragraphs were copied and pasted and they didn't even bother to change the font.

But most importantly and this is where alarm bells started ringing, no admin fee ever gets paid up front. Rather it is added to the loan amount. So that they would give you $850 less than what you were borrowing.

This is a well known scam unfortunately. Many are tricked so you are not the only victim.

I am sorry this is not what you were hoping to hear.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Do you know of any private legitimate lenders out there?
please let me know.

No I don't.

anytime anyone asks for an advanced fee it's a scam?

Yes that is correct.

There is an admin fee in most cases but it comes off the loan.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?