How do I contest a will or probate when the power of

Customer Question
How do I contest...

How do I contest a will or probate when the power of attorney has stolen money from the estate before the death of the deceased

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Edmonton Alberta canada

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

All my fathers papers which showed he was the owner. He was not able to sign power of attorney he had dimension. And now his sons have sold his land 1 month before his death and not put that money in estate and trying to sell his house and evict me and my sister. It’s our home. And his savings was put joint by power of attorney (son). And has stolen all that money too. Not included in probate papers.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Their are 5 adults we are all beneficiaries but the house was suppose to go to me and my sister. Will has dissappeared and a older used to probate.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
11/26/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Ok thankyou

I am sorry for your loss.

I am sorry to hear this.

How do you know about all of the facts?

How do you know, for example, that that the money didn't go into the estate? How do you know the money is still not going to be shared?

What has been provided to you in terms of information about the house, the estate etc?

The site has sent me a message indicating that you tried to process a call but your payment failed.

How would you like to proceed?

My credit card was charged the $52.15 fee ,I would like an answer. All accounts were not put in probate papers. That’s how I know.

Please explain what you are doing. I composed a long and full answer but before I posted it you opted me out. The answer was lost. I have no intention of doing it again until you explain why you opted me out and clearly confirm that you want me to go ahead.

I didn't receive your answer. The screen took my credit info then nothing and once again tried to charge me 70 something dollars again. Please answer now or refund me.

You didn't receive my answer because you opted me out. The answer was deleted. Opting me out means you didn't want my answer. But then the opt out was removed so I took the time to see what happened.

The site did not try to charge you $70 out of the blue. This was also a result of your actions. You asked for a call but the payment failed. So the site and I had to wait to see what you wanted to do. Again this was your doing and not the site's or mine.

I don't work for the site. I have nothing to do with costs or charges or refunds. I am a senior practicing lawyer. I log into the site and choose which questions to answer based on my expertise.

So are you going to wait while I do the answer again and then rate me fairly or are you set on asking for a refund? I do not think it is fair for me to work for free and so far that is just what I am doing.

Well I was billed $52.15. And I never opted you out. It asked if I wanted to talk on the phone. I agreed for $59 and then got no response. And was told by my credit card company that another $70 fee was trying to go through. ???? How do you figure that's fair. Just refund that money back. I've lost faith in this site.
Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor