I'm looking for a way to sponsor my partner from Nigeria. I…

Customer Question
Hi! I'm looking for...

Hi! I'm looking for a way to sponsor my partner from Nigeria. I am currently separated awaiting divorce. How do I go about This?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No I have Not, I don't even know where to start.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I have not spoken to a lawyer yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was in a 6 year abusive relationship with my soon to be ex husband who is from Nigeria and is currently in Nigeria. My partner is who helped me through the messiness of leaving a domestic situation wit 3 young children. I worry for my partners safety as my ex knows him

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Canada Law
11/25/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this

Have you lived together as common law spouses?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor