I received a small cheque which says to the estate off my…

Customer Question
I received a small...

I received a small cheque which says to the estate off my dad.i have 14 siblings why can't I cash it and give to my siblings

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

My dads death certificate he has no bills to pay. Don' t owe anything to anyone .he had18,00 dollars left and the home where he was staying when he passed in August 2017 sent me what he had left

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My family don't know I received this cheque I don' t know what to do

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
If I go to a lawyer I may end up paying all the 18,000 to him for fees
Just in case I am not very good with my numbers,but the cheque amount is 1,800.00
11/25/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry for your loss.

Did you file a Terminal Return with the CRA? Do you know if the estate will owe the CRA money for taxes?

Is there an estate account?

Is there a living spouse?

No don't owe any money to anyone.No estate account .my mom passed in1998. I am next of kin ,but there are 15 of us .Family don't no I have the cheque .
I want to forget about this I am not paying out any more money .I didn't no I had to pay money to ask a question