Somehow this box is not taking my question. Ontario, canada.

hello JA: Hi. How can I...
hello
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: somehow this box is not taking my question
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: ontario, canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I am 65 retired, and live in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.I pay my Child Support payments through FRO (Family Responsibility Office). My pension consists of OAS, GIS, CPP and Company earned portion of pension. Total of $1,450/month. What part of my pension can be garnished by FRO and by what percentage ?If my pension is garnished to the maximum allowable amount, can FRO punish me by any way because I am not paying more than that ?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How much is the fee after 30% discount ?
JA: After your first paid question, we offer a week's free trial membership when you can ask as many questions as you like.
Customer: How much I have to pay for first question after 30% discount ?
JA: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).
Customer: I sent you my question and I would like to know how much I will have to pay after 30% Black Friday discount
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: You have my question....
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/24/2017
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I can see you were asking about costs to use the site. Was that explained to you and are you OK going ahead?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I would prefer answer in writing

The FRO can garnish up to 50% of all your pensions. Even though retirement pensions cannot usually be garnished or seized they can be for support purposes.

If the FRO believes you could be paying off your support arrears and are not doing so then you could face having your driver's licence suspended and/or your passport suspended.

But if they can see that you are not resisting paying but have no other income they will not do that.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Debra, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Debra, you absolutely deserve my five star rating. My additional question: can FRO garnish my Garantied Income Supplement ?
I will use your service in future.

No. They will not garnish your GIS payments.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I got from Debra very accurate and timely response. For sure I will use her legal services in the future

Thanks!

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Thank you and have a great weekend.

You too!

Debra, Lawyer