I need a lawyer to give me help in regards to debts my self…

Customer Question
I need a lawyer...

I need a lawyer to give me help in regards ***** ***** my self and my husband have. A company is going to take legal action in regards ***** ***** we owe them. We are willing to make payments but we received bad advice regarding the debts. Now we were left without the help we were told we would receive. How can we get legal help we don't have much money. .

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

At this time I spoke to the Company rep this week I was told they are going to file some legal thing against us for the money we owe

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We are both on pensions. My husband on Disability and I am on OAS.also my husband is on OAS and both on CPP. I only receive $31.00 as I never paid in to CPP as I worked in the home and very little out.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
The Company we were with advised us not to pay any payments as they were going to take care of our debts. We were to make payments to them. After they found out the total we owed they asked us to wait while they planned how they could pay the debts. This was in April 2017. At the end of October beginning of November they told us they could not help us. Now we are in very serious trouble . One Company is going to put something legal on the house.We understand we never made any payments to them. We made payments to the Company.If I can talk to a Lawyer I would like that. I would like to wait till later today when my husband can be with me.Please advise me if you can talk to us on the phone.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
If a Lawyer would speak to my husband and I on the phone it would be better. We can then explain the situation much better. If the Lawyer is willing to speak to us on the phone please ask the Lawyer to call us after 2 pm central time. My husband will be out before that time.Phone(###) ###-####
11/24/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Are you asking for a call?

If so you have to click the call button when you want the call.

Please let me know if you have actually been sued or not.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!