I am concerned with defamation. A subcontractor has

Customer Question
I am concerned with...

I am concerned with defamation. A subcontractor has complicated a project. When I had difficulty with her, I checked with various people who had worked with her before. They have experienced the same. My client is a large, international client who, as a result of perceived tension between me and the subcontractor has put a hold on the project. I wanted to bow out and respectfully ***** ***** be released from contract with client. He called with HR director in room and implied that because I disagreed with how the contractor was carrying out her responsibilities, I was the one who was inciting the drama. No doubt this is from the subcontractor who is now his coach. I was frustrated and relayed my experience and how it lines up with others who have refused to work with her. Now upon reflection, I feel as if I walked right into an opportunity for slander suit from subcontractor should the client decide to pull the plug on the entire project in which she is still a coach. Wow. Stresses! How do I fix this I wonder if i can?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

It is in Canadá. And the client is in Guyana, South America

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Mine with the client or the subcontractor with me?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That’s about it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/23/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

What province are you in please?