I got a letter saying this. Canada. I got a letter saying I…

Customer Question
I got a letter...

I got a letter saying this

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes I got a letter saying I have court date does she have to serve me or can she email it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do he have an email home the letter

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Canada
Is it legal to serve someone with email but didn’t go inform of a judge to ask
11/22/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear that it sounds like you are in a difficult situation.

What province are you in please?

What type of document was served?

Albert say I have to go to court but she sent me it through email does she not have to serve me in person or go to judge to get permission to serve through email
Hello

I was waiting for you to tell me the type of document.

What is the title of the document please?

Do u have an email
Notice of hearing

You can attach it here or else email it to customer service and they will forward it to me. That could take a while though.

Just says moti
It’s the one starts with 817a6
Attached

No this was not proper service.

Proper service in this case had to be personal service. Sending this notice by email is not acceptable.

Does that answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

it says she Evictic me for rent being missed but in my eviction letter dates illagal tennet

I understand.

But the problem is that if you don't show up you cannot say you didn't know there as a court date. So it may be best to go to court and fight her.