I met 2 guys from a festival, 1 black and 1 Romanian, they…

Customer Question
I met 2 guys from...
I met 2 guys from a festival, 1 black and 1 Romanian, they told me they own a festival and ask me to invest 40k to promise give me 25% of the full festival profit, now ,i put 40k money to them, now it has already 2 years, no money returned, they keep tell me the festival is unprofitable, they only can give me back the money when they make money, i find they open another production company to move all festival asset to themselves, last year they receive a government cheque and the black guy give to me ,said i give you some your investment back,but he want took back cash for half, so the cheque i cashed out for 11000,give black guy back 5500$,now the Romanian guy called bank, said they never give me cheque, bank retrieve that 11000$, now i stucked ,can i go police office to press charge for these 2 guys for fraud, i find they didnt pay off the previous festival owner and she send them to court already, they also didnt pay the supplier ,they had 8 case in court for owed the money, also ,that Romanian went to registration office remove all his partner name include previous owner(festival was partnership with previous owner), now he open another same name festival with new investor to prepare 2018 festival,
thanks
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Canada Law
11/22/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Yes you should call the police. This is fraud and the police may charge them. If that happens then they may be made to make restitution.

As well, you should start a lawsuit and sue them. You should speak to a lawyer in your city about the lawsuit.

You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $30.

Here is a link to their contact information:

http://www.barreau.qc.ca/en/public/trouver/avocat/

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

I already went to police station, but they not willing to do the report, police told me even police press the fraud charge, and I am not able to get my money back, only they going to jail . I don’t know how doest that work.police tell me I can go to court by myself to sue them , but that will consider business investment lost , if I can not proof they move the asset, there is nothing can do, I am going to bar to get some help,

You can retain a lawyer to sue and at the same time have the lawyer contact the police for you.

It is not true that they would just get a jail sentence. It is very possible they would be ordered to make restitution.

And in court when you sue you could show they transferred assets the court would set that transfer aside.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?