I’m get thru my old work a disability payment once a mth can…

I’m get thru my...

I’m get thru my old work a disability payment once a mth can they be garnished by an means if I owe money

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ontario

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I haven’t been released from my prefers bankruptcy and I can’t add this to it .

Answered in 1 hour by:
11/22/2017
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Is this benefit income replacement or is for pain and suffering?

I’m off work since 2005 for my IBS and with it comes pain and Fibromyalgia

If this benefit is being paid for your pain and suffering it is not subject to garnishment.

Does that fully answer your question?

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Well I spiked to my company and they call it sick benefits for my long term disability is that the same as pain and suffering I’m not sure ?

I would say it is.

Ok thanks .

You are very welcome.

Please be sure to rate me before you leave the site so that I can receive credit for my work.

Thanks and take good care.

Debra, Lawyer