I received a ticket for cell phone holding while driving, I…

Customer Question
I received a ticket...

I received a ticket for cell phone holding while driving, I just left my work and in 100 meters police caught me holding cellphone- I was putting it away from my jacket- not using it- should I fight it or plea guilty? charge is 490$ + 3 points- what are the odds to win this if I fight and what are the odds to reduce points or $ if I plea guilty? - thank you,

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am a pharmacst- left from Rexall pharmacy richmond hill on yonge street

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Yes If I appeal

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No this is complete story from my side- i have 5 years of clean record in US and over 2 years in Canada- I have G license

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Canada Law
11/21/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

So are you saying you simply left work and had your phone in your hand or pocket or something like that and was just putting it away like you would have your wallet, for example?

right, i did carry phone to put away but did not use it-

Can you prove that you had not used it?

So you could show the recent calls and texts?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!