If a man is in breach of a no contact order due to 266.CC…

Customer Question
If a man is...

If a man is in breach of a no contact order due to 266.CC assult, first time offence and servers 3 months in jail and the wife wants to drops charges and work this out between then and wants no chargers laid

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Saskatchewan

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes but they don't seem to be doing anything

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Um will he compensated for time served

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
11/20/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

I don't see a question. Are you asking about whether the police will drop the charges if the spouse asks them to?

No sorry cant call gotta head to work, but is there a way to retract my statement or to not have to say anything is court against him I was served a subpoena to be a witness for the crown

There is no way for you to retract your statement. They will not believe you so it will not help. And they could easily charge you with obstruction of justice.

You will both end up with criminal records.

You have to appear in court. If you do not you will be arrested.

The law is that you didn't charge your spouse. The police did. That is because they had reasonable grounds for believing that an offence occurred. So they are not going to withdraw the charges just because you want them to.

But it does help for you to speak to the Crown and let the Crown know how you feel.

You should contact victim services and they will help you with that.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?