I have a one year lease and I found out that there is

Customer Question
I have a one...

I have a one year lease and I found out that there is bedbugs and a garbadge eating waterbugs infesting my apart.can I get out of my lease?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Ontario

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes I put in for,60day notice on the first of Nov.and was refeused not enough details.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

On the seventh of Nov. had surgery for bladder cancer have not returned and not planning to live at that address.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Canada Law
11/18/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Have you asked the landlord to rectify the situation? Was this request in writing? What did the landlord say or do?

No I have not returned to my apartment just had my bladder removed and I'm staying with my sister in welland ont.

But before the surgery did you make the request?

Was this in writing and what did the landlord do?