If my friens has a warrant for fraud and theft under 5000…

Customer Question
If my friens has...

If my friens has a warrant for fraud and theft under 5000 and assult 6 years ago in the province of bc canada. Can he get a passport. And travel to cuba

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Canada Law
11/18/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

An arrest warrant is not grounds for the denial of a passport. So it is likely your friend will have no trouble getting a passport.

But it is possible that your friend will be arrested at the border upon reentry to Canada as his passport will be scanned and the outstanding charges and arrest warrant will come to light.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?