What are the steps I need to take to get sole custody of my…

What are the steps...

What are the steps I need to take to get sole custody of my child?

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I went to legal aid and spoke to a judge but was rejected by both

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was also wanting a restraining order against the father, I just want to know what I have to do to have custody of my child

11/18/2017
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

What do you mean when you say you were rejected by the judge.

How old is the child?

When did you separate from the father?

1 and a half. And we seperated in
September

He doesn't let me see her unless he says so

I don't understand.

Are you saying the judge gave the father sole custody and the father can decide when you can see the child?

I told them the situation. Like he put me through a wall and he is very verbally abusive.. So I don't want to be around him at all.. While I was with my daughter he just walked in and took her
The judge didn't give him sole custody

Please take a few minutes and explain the situation to me. You said the judge rejected you. I need to understand what that means. I have to understand what happened in court or I cannot explain what your options are.

He has no authority to say I can't see my daughter
Okay I'll explain the story in the next message

OK

Is it okay if I call and explain?

If you want a call the way this works is the site places a call to you and to an expert. You have to make the request by clicking on the call button. There is an additional charge of $79 on top of the $5 deposit and larger question charge.

Debra, Lawyer
I just need to call and talk to you or someone please
Will somone call me eventually?
Debra?
Phone call session started

The site is having trouble with the cal feature.

Please wait a few minutes so they can determine if they can fix it.

Okay
I'm ready anytime