Can an employer revoke a signed full-time contract with an…

Customer Question
Can an employer revoke...

Can an employer revoke a signed full-time contract with an employee even if the employee does not agree?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ontario, Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time and yes we have a union.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Canada Law
I had been employed with the same agency for 15 years when a positing came out for a higher paying position with a different job description. I applied and got the position and signed a contract with the agency. The contract is for a permanent full-time position. Two years into the contract the agency has deemed my position redundant and I have now received a demotion in position and income. I informed them that I don't agree with the demotion and their is a legally signed contract. What can do as the union is not supportive.
11/17/2017
Lawyer: DMWEsq,
 replied 8 months ago
DMWEsq

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only

Lawyer: DMWEsq,
 replied 8 months ago

Hi, I'm sorry, but unfortunately, this question was miscategorized. I'm a U.S. attorney and you need a Canadian law expert. Bear with me a moment while I advise our moderators of this.

Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

I am sorry to hear this.

Please explain what the union is saying to you.

Thanks

This question has come back on my open list but I don't see a reply. Please try again.