I need to check on whether there is a record of fraud

I need to check...

I need to check on whether there is a record of fraud against a prominent doctor.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Toronto Ontario Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I have been informed that there have been charges but need to know if there is a public record. How do I go about finding this out without getting a lawyer involved.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just need direction on how to search for this info.

11/17/2017
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Are you saying that you heard that a doctor was charged and you would like more details if possible?

I have heard from a good source that the doctor was found guilty of fraud. Just want to access the info from public sources if possible.

Do you know when he was convicted?

Within the last month
This has not hit the media so would have to know how to access court rulings. Are you familiar with the system in Ontario?

There is no way to do a criminal record search as this is confidential information.

But you can do a court record search.

If you know where the doctor was convicted then you do a search at the courthouse where the doctor was in court and you will get a copy of the full court record as this is a matter of public record.

You can ask for a search of files on this doctor's name for the past month and will just have to pay a photocopy fee.

Does that help?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Thank you.

You are very welcome.

Please be sure to rate me before you leave the site so that I can receive credit for my work.

Thanks and take good care.

Debra, Lawyer