I'm a Canadian citizen living overseas .......I’m being sued…

Hi .....I'm a Canadian...

Hi .....I'm a Canadian citizen living overseas .......I’m being sued by a US Federal court for Fraud ( civil case ) …….I was fighting jurisdiction for over a year and the judge decided that there is jurisdiction over me despite that there is no evidence at all that I did anything wrong in the US …….I’ll stop defending myself because it’s too expensive and I cannot afford it …….what are the implications on me in Canada …..in there any extradition for civil cases or it’s just money ( they will just chase the money ?)

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

Houston ........This is against a company I used to work for .....their allegations are taking "kickbacks" from agents and forming shell companies who signed representation agreement with the company

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I'm in the federal court as we speak in the discovery stage ....but so far they couldn't find any solid evidence against me.......but sooner or later the judge will rule against since I may refuse to be deposed so I may have to default .....I cannot keep fighting a mega$ company with deep pockets

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it

11/17/2017
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

There is no extradition unless you are facing criminal charges.

If there is a judgment against you in the US this judgment can be enforced against you in Canada. The plaintiff would register the judgment in the court where you live and then it would have the same force and effect as if the judgment had been rendered in Canada.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Thanks Debra .......if they don't find money in my bank account or properties in my name ,would there be anything else they can do to me in Canada ...??
is it easy for them to know where I live in Canada if I don't have anything registered in my name ? Thanks Debra

They likely will not be able to enforce the contract based on these facts.

If there is nothing in your name there is nothing to take except that they could garnish your wages.

Debra, Lawyer