My husband and I have been separated for 20 years. He is ill…

Customer Question
My husband and I...

My husband and I have been separated for 20 years. He is ill and wants to leave me his work pension. What are the ramifications of doing so

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ontario Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

He has too file his retirement papers cause he's ill and both have filed taxes the last 20 years as separated

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Both my children have cancer and him

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Canada Law
11/16/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear all of this.

Are you talking about a private pension or CPP?