I have had someone in family charged with assault and have a…

Customer Question
Hi I have had...

Hi I have had someone in family charged with assault and have a peace bond now against them , if I have the peace bond removed will that mean I am allowed contact with the person even tho they are still charged ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I'm from Ontario

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

My lawyer is only for family court at the moment and he's doing the custody against the father who's mother I had charged but we would like to regain our family and try to put this entire mess in the past

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I'm aware of I'm sure it could be figured all out

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/16/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

The charge does not mean no contact. The peace bond means no contact.

But when there is a domestic violence charge a no contact order is always made and will not be removed until the charges are fully dealt with.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?