What is senior abuse if a senior is not receiving any money…

Customer Question
What is senior abuse...

What is senior abuse if a senior is not receiving any money from his soninlaw and daughter from a farm that has revenue from cattle and oil revenue?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I live in Alberta and the farm is in Sask.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can I use the the local court system?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Canada Law
11/16/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

i am sorry to hear this.

Does the senior own the farm?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

I'm a owner.

Are the facts that they are pocketing all of the money even though you are one of the owners?

Thanks!

I want to know where the money is spent and also they will not show me the records of what is brought in or anything with the business.
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago

This is taking a long time to get responses so I don't think we should keep going up and back while I gather information from you.

It is illegal to treat you as if you are not one of the owners just because you are older. It is financial elder abuse if that is what is happening.

It seems that your best next step is to see a lawyer on your own without telling your son and his spouse.

See the lawyer, explain what is happening and retain the lawyer to send a demand letter to them demanding information and threatening a lawsuit.

Does that help?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?