I have been given notice to vacate my place by 1pm today.

Customer Question
what are my options. I...
I have been given notice to vacate my place by 1pm today. what are my options. I was given less than 48hrs notice
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Calgary Alberta Canada
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Ive just packed my stuff
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: do I have to leave right away
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Canada Law
11/15/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Debra, Lawyer
I am sorry to hear this.It is a residential tenancy? If so is there an order for eviction?
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 29 days ago

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
There is no court order to vacate, I have so far been evicted. The landlord has just packed my stuff in bags.My furniture is still there as are my clothes. I am presently homeless. I left so as not to cause problems. I live in Calgary alberta. I feel very bad right now but see no solution. what are my options. Thanks Mark
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Money is pretty limited right now but I see no solution.

If there was no order then you did not have to leave.

Call the police.

Tell the police your landlord locked you out of your home without an order and he has all your things.

They will help you back in and tell the landlord they cannot do that.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I am presently staying at a homeless shelter. I am trying to find a way to get my stuff picked up.

Call the police!

Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 28 days ago

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Debra, Lawyer