If you can't work for a while when you've been hit from

If you can't work...

If you can't work for a while when you've been hit from behind in a minor açcident and your job doesn't pay sick days what do you do for income?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this wage-and-hour issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

It's a small business with one owner. He said speak with car insurance

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The job is delivering appliances and my back was sore to begin with but the hit from behind made it a lot worse. Went for xray and get those results today. Been off 2 weeks now with pain meds.

11/15/2017
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

What province is this please?

Ontario

This should be covered by your insurance.

Did you report to your insurance company? This was a hit from behind which means the other driver was at fault.

I assume you cannot get Short Term Disability benefits. If you can then apply of course.

If none of that works then your best next step would be to apply for sick leave benefits through Employment Insurance.

Does that help?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Debra, Lawyer
Thank you. You have been very helpful.

You are very welcome.