I recently had a posted on my credit. I have paid the full…

Customer Question
I recently had a...

I recently had a mark posted on my credit. I have paid the full amount. It had gone to collections. it was a utility bill. made a payment in august. missed september. The utility company sent it to collections without notifying me. Paid it in full end of october. I was told by the collections that it wouldn't get posted to my credit but it did anyways. How do i fix this

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Alberta. started in october. paid half at mid month and the other half end of october. it is epcor utilities and was with aro collections. I requested they remove it but aro told me they couldn't

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No i haven"t would you suggest i do that?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Canada Law
11/14/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about this.

Once you are in default there is no requirement to tell you before they send you to collections and once you are in default they have the right to send in a report to the credit reporting bureaus.

Unless what they said is not accurate there is nothing you can do about this.

I am sorry this is not what you were hoping to hear.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Can't i get them to remove it

You can ask but they don't have to. They had the right to post the report. The credit bureaus will not remove it unless the utility company or collection agency asks to do so.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?