We helped our son financially with the understanding we

Customer Question
We helped our son...

We helped our son financially with the understanding we could build a home on the property of which at the time my husband and I were named on, however when the mortgage was renewed they requested our names be removed as we were not at home at the time and they could get a better rate if they renewed with another mortgage, and was told that they would look after our interest in the near future. That was in 2008 and to date nothing has been resolved. Could we file a dispute to protect our interest in the property which is our home that we currently live in. Please give some help in the matter

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

We have asked for them to either buy us out or agree to a legal document which protect us in the event that something should arise otherwise. We are both seniors at the ages that we have nothing to fight in a court of law with

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

The home is located in Salmon Arm BC on ALr land and got permission to build at the time of construction. In exchange for farm help of which we both did so.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have been trying to communicate for 2 years and have not been able to do so as they do not reply in any shape or form

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Canada Law
11/14/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you saying that now your son is the one on title and you both are not and your son will not speak to you?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!